Generally when you tries to run Need For Speed Most Wanted on a widescreen laptop or PC which has a screen resolution above 1024 x 768 , it'll not display full screen rather some blank spaces on either soide of the screen like shown in the screenshot. The problem is NFS most Wanted game is a bit old and it does not support wide screen resolutions. Maximum native resolution support for NFSMW is 1024 x 768. Even if you have a wider display resolution, the program doesn't recognize it and it continues to run square.
However the game natively support the widescreen resolutions by default, a launcher application is available to force the game to run in desired resolution. All you want to do is the following simple steps.
- Download NFS-MW launcher (10 KB)
- Extract the contents of the rar file into the installed game directory. (nfsmwres.ini and nfsmw.exe)
- Double click on nfsmw.exe, type the resolution in the boxes (1366x768). To know your display resolution , right click on the desktop and click Screen Resolution.
- Select the game version demo/v1.2/v1.3 (usually 1.3)
- Click Launch to run the game. enjoy!